While on a Remote Desktop Session to a SBS 2011 client using Remote Web Access, file or text copy in either direction would not work. The Paste option is grayed out even after copying the file/text on source machine to paste it on the target machine.
In order to enable clipboard redirection via Remote Web Access, follow the following steps:
1. Once logged in to RWA, click on Computers.
2. Click on Remote Desktop Options.
3. Check the option that says "Enable copy and paste between the remote computer and the local computer".
This will allow clipboard redirection to work from within Remote Desktop session established through Remote Web Access on SBS 2011.
Here are the several Remote Desktop Options which are available on SBS 2011 Standard RWA:
1. Connection speed
2. Screen size
3. Enable the remote computer to print to my local printer
4. Play sounds from the remote computer
5. Enable copy and paste between the remote computer and the local computer
6. Enable the remote computer to access drives on my local computer
Out of the above, last two options have to be checked by the end user.
Article ID: 2566257 - Last Review: 07/14/2011 20:17:00 - Revision: 4.0