Download-only installation of Internet Explorer 6.0, Internet Explorer 5.5, or Internet Explorer 5.1 in Windows XP or in Windows 2000
- On the following Internet Explorer download page, locate and then click to download the version of Internet Explorer you want:
- Follow the instructions on the Web page to download Internet Explorer.
- Click Save to Disk (or Save), and then save the IExSetup.exe file in a folder on your computer.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Click Browse, browse to the folder in which you saved the Ie5setup.exe file or the Ie6setup.exe file, click to highlight the file, and then click Open.
- In the Open box, click at the end of the command, add a space, and then type one of the following commands:For Internet Explorer 5, type the following:For example, if you saved the Ie5setup.exe setup file in the C:\Windows Update Setup Files folder, the command will look like the following:/c:"ie5wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"""For Internet Explorer 6, type the following:/c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E""""C:\Windows Update Setup Files\ie5setup.exe" /c:"ie5wzd.exe /d /s:""C:\Windows Update Setup Files\ie5setup.exe"""Note Double quotation marks around the #E variable are required because #E designates the source path, including the executable, of the Ie5setup.exe or Ie6setup.exe file as appropriate. The following is an explanation of the command line switches that are used:
- /d - Downloads Internet Explorer for the current platform only. However, if you would like to download all platforms, you can use the /d:1 switch value to get all platforms. There are only two values for this switch, /d and /d:1.
- /s:""#E"" - Designates the source path of Ie5setup.exe. The ""#E"" value refers to the full path and name of the .exe file. Note that two pairs of double quotation marks must surround the path.
- Press ENTER. Choose the appropriate items for the operating system.
Article ID: 257249 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 19:05:37 - Revision: 4.3
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsetup kbprb kbpubtypekc KB257249