How to create a BlackBerry Administration Service account for Microsoft Online Services
Because of some limitations in the integration between BlackBerry Administration Service (BAS) and Active Directory, local BAS accounts have to be created to give system administrators and Helpdesk personnel access to BAS for administrative tasks.
What do you want to do?
- Review the different kinds of BAS accounts for Microsoft Online Services (MSO).
- Request an additional BAS account.
Kinds of BAS accounts for Microsoft Online Services
- Microsoft Online Services (MSO) BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) Admins
- MSO BES Helpdesk
- MSO BES Senior Helpdesk
- IT Policy
- Client application push functionality (to let customers create software configurations and assign an application to a user or group)
- User management functions for Group and IT Policy assignments
- User data log access for PIN, SMS, and telephone call logs through a change request
- Adding or deleting BES users
- Adding new users to BES policies
- Exporting BES user information
- Setting activation
- Handheld passwords
Requests for additional BAS accounts should be submitted to Microsoft Online Services Support. All new accounts will be applied to one of the three available MSO BES roles. The default accounts are as follows:
How to request an additional BAS account
- Use the Exchange Online topic and the BlackBerry Administration sub-topic when you submit a support incident online to Microsoft Online Services Support, or contact Microsoft Online Services Support by telephone.
- Specify the role to which the account should be added. The choices are as follows:
- MSO BES Admins (PortalBESAdmin)
- MSO BES Helpdesk (PortalBESHelpdesk)
- MSO BES Senior Helpdesk (PortalBESSeniorHelpdesk)
- Microsoft will contact you by telephone to provide the account user name and password. You should change the password after you log on for the first time. To change the password in BAS, select Preferences, select My setup, and then select Change my password.
Note Microsoft can also remove these accounts if the customer requests it.
Microsoft makes no warranties and excludes all representations, warranties, and conditions whether express, implied, or statutory. These include but are not limited to representations, warranties, or conditions of title, non-infringement, satisfactory condition, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to any service, solution, product, or any other materials or information. In no event will Microsoft be liable for any third-party solution that this article mentions.
Article ID: 2572735 - Last Review: 12/24/2015 15:29:00 - Revision: 13.0
- vkbportal226 KB2572735