Running a Disaster Recovery Setup
This article was previously published under Q257415
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For the following reasons, you may use a disaster recovery setup by running the command, setup.exe /disasterrecovery:
- If the Bin folder has been deleted accidentally.
- If the MSExchange registry keys are deleted and there is no backup available of the registry.
- Make sure there is a valid backup of the databases.
- You must mount the stores after you restart the server.
- The disaster recovery setup replaces the directory hierarchy and the registry keys without re-adding the information to Active Directory.
323016 XADM: Setup with disasterrecovery does not work on a clustered Exchange 2000 Server
Article ID: 257415 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 19:07:53 - Revision: 4.4
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB257415