MSN Home Page Is Redirected to http://www.msn.co.uk/homepage.asp
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you start Internet Explorer and try to go to your home page (on www.msn.com, for example), you may be redirected to www.msn.co.uk.
This behavior can occur if either of the following conditions exists:
- English (United Kingdom) [gb] is the only language selected in the Language Preference dialog box.
- English (United Kingdom) [gb] is a higher priority language than English (United States) [us] if both languages are listed in the Language Preference dialog box.
If some other language is selected as the default language, you may be redirected to the site corresponding to the default language.
Change the default language to English (United States) [en-us]
. You may need to add this language if it is not already selected. To do so:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click Languages.
- Click Add, and then click English (United States) (en-us).
- Click OK.
If multiple languages are listed in the Language Preference
dialog box and English (United States) [en-us]
is in the list of languages, it may not be the highest priority. Some Web sites offer content in multiple languages. You can choose several languages in the Language Preference
dialog box; they are used in the priority order in which they appear. To make a language the highest-priority language in Internet Explorer 5:
- In the Language Preference dialog box, click the language whose priority you want to change.
- Click the Move Up button.
- Repeat step 2 until the language is at the top of the list.
- Click OK.
If http://www.msn.co.uk is the default home page, change it to www.msn.com.
This behavior is by design. Internet Explorer includes an automatic language detection option. For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Global Language Auto-Detection Option Available in Internet Explorer
Article ID: 257594 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 07:19:00 - Revision: 4.0