OL2000: Cannot Embed or Insert a Picture on an E-mail Message
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Outlook, when you compose an e-mail message and try to insert a picture as an embedded file (by pointing to Picture on the Insert menu), the Picture option may not be available.
Your e-mail format is not set to Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).
To insert or embed a picture or graphic on an e-mail message, you must set the e-mail format to HTML:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Mail Format tab, in the Send in this message format list, click HTML.
- Click to select the Send Pictures From the Internet check box.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
To embed a picture or graphic in the body of your e-mail message:
- Open a new mail message, and place your cursor in the body of the message.
- On the Insert menu, click Picture, and then browse to the picture or graphic that you want to insert as an embedded file.
- Click the file, click Open, and then click OK.
The picture or graphic is now embedded as a file in the body of your e-mail message.
OL2K embedded insert html grey grayed
Article ID: 257612 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 07:19:00 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB257612