Statistics report is incorrect after you ping a host in Windows 7, in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008 R2, and in Windows Server 2008
- You have a computer that is running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008.
- On the computer, you ping a host in a local-link network.
- The ping operation fails, and you receive a failure notification. For example, you receive a "Destination Host Unreachable" error message.
- Add a static Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) entry to the computer. To do this, start an elevated prompt command, type the following command, and then press Enter.arp -s <IPv4 Address> <MAC Address>For example, if the IP address of the destination computer is 192.168.0.1 and if the MAC address of the destination computer is 00-15-5d-00-09-0f, type the following command, and then press Enter:arp -s 192.168.0.1 00-15-5d-00-09-0f
- Run the ping command together with the –w 100 option.
Article ID: 2577667 - Last Review: 07/20/2011 06:47:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbprb kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2577667