FIX: The UDDI Services Notification Service does not start if the "Basic authentication" option for the "SMTP Authentication" setting is not selected in BizTalk Server 2010
This article also applies to the following product:
- Microsoft UDDI Services 3.0
This article applies to Microsoft UDDI Services 3.0 (product version is 3.9.469.0). This hotfix updates version 6.9.469.0 of the Notisvc.exe file.
Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft UDDI Services 3.0 on a computer.
Note Microsoft UDDI Services 3.0 is included in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010.
- You select an option that is not the Basic authentication optionforthe SMTP Authentication setting on the UDDI Services Notification Service page.
- The automatic configuration process for the UDDI Services Notification Service runs and is completed.
In this scenario, the Notification Service component does not start. Additionally, you cannot start the component manually.
Cumulative update information
The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 2 for BizTalk Server 2010.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update package 2 for BizTalk Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to configure the UDDI Services Notification Service component, visit the following MSDN website:
For more information about BizTalk Server hotfixes, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Information about BizTalk Server hotfixes
Anonymous authentication; Windows authentication
Article ID: 2578172 - Last Review: 09/14/2011 08:33:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Branch 2010
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Developer 2010
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Enterprise 2010
- Microsoft BizTalk Server Standard 2010
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2578172