The ABSConfig tool does not function correctly when you use the tool to customize the Address Book Service configuration or restore default attributes in Lync Server 2010
- You cannot restore the default attributes correctly when you click the Restore defaults button in the ABSConfig tool.
- You delete certain RTM attributes. For example, you delete the Title attribute.
- You re-create certain customized attributes by using the ABSConfig tool. For example, you create the Customerizedtitle attributes.
- You run the setup files of the ABSConfig tool.
This issue occurs because the attributes of Lync Server 2010 are not restored. Instead, the default attributes of Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 are restored.
This issue occurs because the ID for the customized attribute is generated by the same ID for one of the RTM attributes.
Note You must apply the update for Lync Server 2010, Core Components to the server on which the ABSConfig tool is being run. The updated version of Lync Server 2010 Resource Kit includes the fix for the ABSConfig tool.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2578808 - Last Review: 10/11/2011 18:49:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbfix KB2578808