BUG: Chart Control Axis Label's WordWrap Property Does Not Work
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The Chart Control's axis label has a property named WordWrap. If this property is set to True, the label should have the word wrap effect. However, it does not.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Create a new Standard EXE project with a default form. Form1 is created by default.
- On the Project menu, click to select Components, choose Microsoft Chart Control in the Components dialog box, and click OK.
- Add an instance of the Chart Control to Form1. Enlarge the Chart Control so that its contents are easily visible, and then resize the form as needed.
- Add the following code to the Code window of Form1:
Private Sub Form_Load() MSChart1.RowCount = 5 MSChart1.ColumnCount = 1 With MSChart1.Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdX).Labels(1) .Auto = False .TextLayout.Orientation = VtOrientationHorizontal .TextLayout.HorzAlignment = VtHorizontalAlignmentFill .TextLayout.WordWrap = True End With Dim i As Long For i = 1 To MSChart1.RowCount MSChart1.Row = i MSChart1.RowLabel = "This is column number " & i NextEnd Sub
- Press the F5 key to run the application and note that the labels are not wrapped. Instead, they are overlapped.
Article ID: 258173 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 20:17:52 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbctrl kbDSupport KB258173