"Invalid Security Code" error when you try to reset your admin password for Office 365, Intune, or Azure
This security code you entered does not match the code we sent, or it has expired. To start a new password reset request, click here.
- You click the email link that's sent to your alternative email account.
- After you enter the security code that's sent to your mobile phone.
If you still experience the issue, close all web browsers, and then start the process again.
If the issue persists, contact your company administrator to reset your password. If you are the only administrator in your company, contact Technical Support.
- The security code isn't valid. That is, the security code doesn't match what was sent through SMS text messaging.
- You wait too long to click the Reset your password now in the email message.
- The security code has expired.
Note The security code and the Reset your password now link is valid only for 10 minutes.
- You clicked Reset your password now from a different computer. Or, you opened a new web browser session, which is different from the web browser session in which you started the password reset request.
Article ID: 2588120 - Last Review: 12/12/2014 04:02:00 - Revision: 19.0
- o365 o365a o365e o365p o365022013 o365m KB2588120