Cumulative Update 3 (CU3) KB 2588492
for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is available for download from the Microsoft Download website.
This cumulative update is a rollup of fixes for System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1. It supersedes SP1 Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) and contains a superset of the fixes that are provided in SP1 CU2. It can be applied to SP1 CU2 or directly to a Service Manager 2010 SP1 installation.
Included in this update are fixes for the following issues:
- Management Pack Import: When a data type is a decimal sometimes the decimal becomes an integer
- Corruption of the Type ManagementEntity table when importing a type extension
- Updates to properties are not brought forward to DW if updates to the instances happens in the same transaction or right before deleting the instance
- AD Connector not bringing in new updates
- When you create a new CR by using the new CR form, clicking the Apply button sometimes creates a duplicate record
- Console intermittently freezes when you update/creating incident and clicking apply
- HealthService does not stop at the end of SP1 DW update if previous start action takes too long
- When opening the SCSM console on client computers and server the Reporting Wunderbar does not appear
- High CPU in monitoringhost.exe when you create or updating an incident that triggers a notification workflow
Cumulative Update 3 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 is available for download from the Microsoft Download website: Download the Cumulative Update 3 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You must have System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed to install this cumulative update.
This cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
Description of Cumulative Update 2 for System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1
Components that this cumulative update applies
This cumulative update applies to the following Service Manager components:
- Service Manager Management Server (SM Server)
- Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server)
- Service Manager Console
How to install this cumulative updateImportant
Before you install this cumulative update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up the ServiceManager database, the DWDataMart database, the DWRepository database, and the DWStagingAndConfig database.
- Back up the encryption keys for SM Server and for DW Server.
This cumulative update cannot be uninstalled after you install it.
To install this cumulative update, follow these steps:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this cumulative update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Download the cumulative update to a target folder.
Note This cumulative update contains both the x86 version and the x64 version. Download the appropriate version for your system.
- Open the target folder.
- Right-click the SCSM2010SP1_CU_KB2588492_i386_7.0.6555.128_EN.exe file or the SCSM2010SP1_CU_KB2588492_AMD64_7.0.6555.128_EN.exe file, and then click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- For the Data Warehouse Management Server, you have to manually start the System Center Management service after the cumulative update installation is completed.
If you have not installed Cumulative Update 2 (CU2), an additional step is required if you previously imported a custom management pack that defines a fact table that contains properties. In this case, you have to upgrade the custom management pack. To do this, follow these steps:
- Increase the management pack version.
- Reseal the management pack.
- Reimport the management pack.
The MPSyncJob job then automatically syncs the reimported management pack to the data warehouse on the next synchronization, and the affected transform procedures are updated.
On a computer that has the Service Manager Authoring Tool installed, update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the cumulative update download page, download the following file to the local computer on which the Authoring Tool is installed:
- Double-click the KB2588492_MPLibraryUpdate_AuthoringTool.exe file, and then wait for the files to be extracted.
- Locate the following folder:
%SystemDrive%\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010\hotfix_KB2588492\AuthoringToolMPUpdateNote This is where the management pack files were extracted.
- Copy all files from that folder to the following folder, replacing the existing files:
Authoring Tool installation drive\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010 Authoring\Library\
- If the Authoring Tool is running, restart it to load the updated management packs.
If you do not update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool, and then you later try to open a management pack in the Service Manager Authoring Tool that references the updated management packs that are included with this cumulative update, you are prompted to specify the location of the updated management packs. The dialog box that is displayed may contain the following text:
Service Manager Authoring Tool
Referenced management pack not found:
[Name=Management Pack Name, Key Token=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.0.6555.101].
to manually locate it.
How to verify a successful installation of this cumulative update
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- The following item is listed:
Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager (KB2588492)Notes
- If the system is running SM Server, Self-Service Portal, or Service Manager Console, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
- If the system is running DW server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager DataWarehouse.
View the log files to determine whether any error occurred during the installation of the cumulative update. To do this, examine the log files in the %temp% folder.
On an x86-based system, verify the following log files in the %temp% folder:
On an x64-based system, verify the following log files in the %temp% folder:
This cumulative update installs the following version of the files.
|File name||Version||Applies to|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Authoring.dll||7.0.6555.115||Console, SM Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAccessLayer.dll||7.0.6555.128||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAccessService.Core.dll||7.0.6555.128||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Connector.AD.dll||7.0.6555.128||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.exe||7.0.6555.128||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.dll||7.0.6555.128||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.ConfigurationManagement.Forms.dll||7.0.6555.115||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ConsoleFramework.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Controls.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ExtendedControls.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.FormsInfra.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Foundation.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.WpfViews.dll||7.0.6537.101||SM Server, Console|
|Microsoft.Mom.ImplicitUserRoleAdministratorDataSourceModule.dll||7.0.6555.128||SM Server, DW Server|
|Microsoft.Mom.Sdk.Authorization.dll||7.0.6555.128||SM Server, DW Server|
The following file is downloaded by the Service Manager Console as needed:
To confirm that this file is updated, follow these steps:
- Open the Service Manager Console.
- Click Library, and then click Lists.
- Select any Lists properties, click Add Item, and then click OK.
- Locate the following:
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010\SMServerName\ 7.0.6555.101Note The placeholder SMServerName represents the name of the Service Manager Server to which the Console is connected.
|Management pack name||Management pack version|
|Service Manager Library Management Pack||7.0.6555.115|
|Service Manager Configuration Management Library||7.0.6555.115|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.