The Save As dialog box disappears and the file is not saved when you try to download a file in Internet Explorer 9 to a network share on which you have Change permissions
Consider the following scenario:
- You try to download a file from a website in Internet Explorer 9.
- In Download Manager, you click the drop-down arrow next to the Save option, and then you click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, you select a network share where your user account has Change permissions, and then you click Save.
In this scenario, the Save As dialog box closes and then reopens. If you click Save again, the Save As dialog box disappears. No additional indication of any failure occurs, and the file is not created on the network share.
- This operation can be performed successfully in earlier versions of Internet Explorer.
- This operation can be performed successfully in Internet Explorer 9 only when the user account has Full Control permissions on the network share.
To resolve this problem, install this update.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website: Note This update was first included in security update MS11-057.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2559049 MS11-057: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: August 9, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2589171 - Last Review: 08/09/2011 21:35:00 - Revision: 1.0
Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbfix kbbug KB2589171