Drop-down lists and form controls appear fuzzy when the zoom setting is not 100 percent in Excel 2010
Drop-down lists and certain form controls appear fuzzy when the zoom setting is not 100 percent in Microsoft Excel 2010.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2596500 Description of the Office 2010 hotfix package (Oart-x-none.msp): October 25, 2011
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsTo have us enable the hotfix for you after you install the hotfix package, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Here's an easy fixTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Enable the hotfix
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50788
Follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type LegacyAnchorResize, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click LegacyAnchorResize, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
fixit fix it fixme
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2589402 - Last Review: 09/25/2015 09:22:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Excel 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbfixme kbmsifixme kbhotfixallversions KB2589402