"An unexpected error has occurred" error appears when you try to create a SharePoint Enterprise Search Center on a Site Collection in Office 365 dedicated
You receive the following Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 error message when you try to create an Enterprise Search Center on your Site Collection in Microsoft Office 365 dedicated:
This issue occurs because the Publishing feature is not enabled.
The Enterprise Search Center requires that the Publishing feature be enabled. To enable the Publishing feature, follow these steps:
- Click Site Actions, and then click Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration, click the Site collection features hyperlink.
- Scroll down until you find the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature, and then click Activate.
- Move up to the Site Settings page.
- Under Site Actions, click the Manage site features hyperlink.
- Scroll down until you find the SharePoint Server Publishing feature, and then click Activate.
SPS2010 TSG SPO BPOSFSC BPOSDSC o365d o365i
Article ID: 2590725 - Last Review: 12/12/2012 07:32:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010