This article lists known issues that you may experience when you install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 3 (SP3), the 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 3 (SP3), or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3).
Known issues and behavior changes
You may experience the following issues when you install these service packs:
- To install the 2007 Microsoft Office servers SP3 on Windows Server 2008-based computers, the Svrsetup.dll file must be included in the Office administrative images Updates folder.
- In Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP3, no group name appears after you click the Add all authenticated users link in the Set Up Groups for this Site page. However, all authenticated users are assigned group permissions.
- The 2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack SP3 does not update the version number for the Spanish language. However, the service pack is installed correctly and the Microsoft Installer Packages are updated correctly.
Note The version number is not changed from 12.4518.1016.
- If you install the hotfix package that is described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 983315 and then install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite SP3, pointer movement and scrolling may be slow in Excel worksheets that contain many shapes.
For more information about how to resolve this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Pointer movement and scrolling are slow when a worksheet contains many shapes in Office Excel 2007
Troubleshoot the issues when you failed to install the SP3
If the issue occurs when you install the SP3, try the following methods to troubleshoot the problem.
Method 1: Restart the computer
After you restart your computer, Windows will finish any updates that are completed installed. When Windows restarts, the pending.xml file will be scanned and completes any installs or updates that require a restart.
If this cannot solve your problem, try method 2.
Method 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
you can run the Windows Update troubleshooter to resolve any issues with Windows Update that may cause the reoffers. Visit the following Microsoft Website:
If this still cannot solve your problem, get a support from Microsoft by visiting the following Website:
Article ID: 2591067 - Last Review: July 31, 2012 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Forms Server 2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Expression Web
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Small Business 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
|kbhowto kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbcip KB2591067|