The Internet Explorer 9 option "Ignore colors specified on webpages" does not remove background images on webpages
Consider the following scenario:
- In Windows Internet Explorer 9, you click the Tools icon, and then you click Internet options.
- On the General tab, you click Accessibility.
- You click to select the Ignore colors specified on webpages check box, and then you click OK two times.
In this scenario, when you browse a webpage, background images are not removed from the page. This can make it difficult to read some text that could be obscured by a background image.
To resolve this issue on a client computer, install the following update.
Security update information
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2559049 (MS11-057). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS11-057: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: August 9, 2011
For more information about how to use Internet Explorer 9 accessibility options, visit the following webpage:
Article ID: 2591085 - Last Review: 08/09/2011 21:35:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
- kbqfe kbfix kbupdate kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew KB2591085