FIX: The Google Chrome web browser times out when it tries to use an SSL connection to access a published web server in a TMG 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a server that is running Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
- The TMG server is configured to publish a web server that uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) on the web listener.
- You install the Google Chrome web browser on an external client computer.
- You try to connect the client computer to the TMG server's web publishing point by using a secure HTTPS connection.
In this scenario, the connection fails, and you receive the following Chrome error page:
Chrome 101 Network Timeout
To resolve this problem, install the service pack that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Description of Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
TMG2010 chrome webbrowser
Article ID: 2592456 - Last Review: 10/31/2011 10:50:00 - Revision: 4.1
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Standard
- kbfix kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2592456