An image in the header or in the footer of an Excel workbook is not clear after you print the workbook in Excel 2010
You have an Excel workbook that contains an image in the header or in the footer, and contains a graphic in the worksheet, such as a Form control or an ActiveX control. When you print the workbook in Microsoft Excel 2010, the image in the header or in the footer of the printout is not clear.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2597142 Description of the Excel 2010 hotfix package (x86 Excel-x-none.msp, x64 Excel-x-none.msp): February 28, 2012
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsAfter you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type HeaderFooterNearestNeighborOnPrint, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click HeaderFooterNearestNeighborOnPrint, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2598020 - Last Review: 02/29/2012 03:05:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Excel 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbhotfixallversions KB2598020