How to Change Connection Speed Information in Windows Media Player
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to change the speed that Windows Media Player downloads content.
To change the speed at which Windows Media Player downloads content, follow these steps:
- Start Windows Media Player.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Performance tab.
- In the My connection speed is box, click the appropriate setting. You may want to set this speed to match the speed of your Internet connection.
Note This box is named Connection Speed in Windows Media Player 9 Series.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 259914 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 03:33:56 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 Series
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kbhowto KB259914