A user or an administrator forgot his or her password in Office 365, Azure, or Intune
A user or admin forgot his or her password and can’t sign in to Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune.
To fix this issue, do one of the following:
- Try to reset your own password by using the Self-Service Password Reset wizard:
- If you're an admin and you want to enable password reset for your users, see Self-service password reset for users.
- If you're an admin, you can try to reset your own password if you had already set up an alternate email address and a mobile phone number.
- If you're an admin and your company has more than one admin, ask another admin to reset your password.
- You can use the Self-Service Password Reset wizard to contact Support when self-service password reset fails. You may need to wait a few seconds before the link to contact Support appears.
- When you submit your request to Support, include your name, telephone number and email address so that Support knows how to contact you.
For more info about how to reset a user's password, see Reset a user's password.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website or the Azure Active Directory Forums website.
Article ID: 2606983 - Last Review: 05/02/2015 01:51:00 - Revision: 27.0
Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure cloud services, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, CRM Online via Office 365 E Plans, Microsoft Azure Recovery Services, Office 365 Identity Management
- o365 o365a o365e o365p o365m o365022013 KB2606983