A user or an administrator forgot his or her password in Office 365, Azure, or Intune
A user or admin forgot his or her password and can’t sign in to Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune.
To fix this issue, do one of the following:
- Try to reset your own password by using the Self-Service Password Reset wizard:
If the admin turned on the capability to let you to reset your own password, you will be able to reset your own password. Otherwise, the password reset form gives you the option to contact your admin.
- If you're using a work or school account, go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com.
- If you're using a Microsoft account, go to https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.
- If you're an admin and you want to enable password reset for your users, see Self-service password reset for users.
- If you're an admin, you can try to reset your own password if you had already set up an alternate email address and a mobile phone number.
- For more info about how to reset your admin password in Office 365, see Reset passwords for admins.
- For more info about how to reset the password for your company admin account in Azure or Intune, see Reset your administrator password.
- If you're an admin and your company has more than one admin, ask another admin to reset your password.
- You can use the Self-Service Password Reset wizard to contact Support when self-service password reset fails. You may need to wait a few seconds before the link to contact Support appears.
- When you submit your request to Support, include your name, telephone number and email address so that Support knows how to contact you.
Article ID: 2606983 - Last Review: 05/02/2015 01:51:00 - Revision: 27.0
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Intune
- CRM Online via Office 365 E Plans
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services
- Office 365 Identity Management
- o365 o365a o365e o365p o365m o365022013 KB2606983