Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log
This article was previously published under Q261007
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The following event may be logged in the Application event log:
Event ID: 1000
Event Source: Userenv
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1722).
The client computer may also experience an extremely slow logon.
This behavior can occur if the address for the configured preferred DNS server on the client is invalid or unreachable.
To resolve this behavior, correct the DNS address in the Internet Protocol (IP) properties:
- Right-click My Network Places, and then click Properties.
- Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
- Type the correct DNS address in the Preferred DNS server box.
Article ID: 261007 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 19:58:47 - Revision: 3.4
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB261007