How to fix the Bing Bar and incompatibility with Internet Explorer 10
The Bing Bar may cause Windows Internet Explorer 10 to stop responding or crash.
An update to the Bing Bar that fixes the compatibility issue is now available.
To resolve this incompatibility, please upgrade to Bing Bar version 7.1 or higher.
To install the latest update for the Bing Bar, follow these steps:
- Find and open Control Panel:
- Tap Search. (Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
- Type Control Panel, and then tap or click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel search box, type Windows Update.
- Tap or click Install optional updates.
For more information, see the following article on the Microsoft websire:
2673774 Upgrade to Bing Bar version 7.1 from MSN Toolbar and from earlier versions of Bing Bar
For more information about browser add-ons, visit the following Microsoft websites:
- How do browser add-ons affect my computer?
- Using the Internet Explorer 8 Add-on Manager
- Why does Internet Explorer block some ActiveX controls?
- Should I install ActiveX controls?
- Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions
Article ID: 2615507 - Last Review: 08/28/2012 00:06:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbprb kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner consumertargetwinfy13 KB2615507