FIX: SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 does not update the Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.dll module
- You install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Package 1 (SP1) on a HP Business Decision Appliance.
- The appliance is running the SharePoint timer service. The account that runs the SharePoint timer service does not have administrative privileges.
- You install Microsoft SharePoint on a computer.
- You install Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot 2010 for SharePoint on the same computer.
- The account that runs the SharePoint timer service does not have administrative privileges.
In this scenario, the Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.dll module is not correctly updated in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC), and the version of the module remains at the 10.50.1600.1 version number. Additionally, some new features for PowerPivot for SharePoint integration do not work.
- After you install SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, the correct version for the module has the 10.50.2500.0 version number.
- This issue also occurs if you install SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 after you install PowerPivot for SharePoint component.
When you install SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, the instance of SQL Server that hosts the SharePoint configuration database is closed. Therefore, the SharePoint farm is not available and the installer schedules an update for the SharePoint timer service. However, the timer service does not have the administrative privileges to register an assembly in the GAC, and the update operation fails.
Cumulative update informationThe fix for this issue was first released in cumulative update package 3. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Open an elevated instance of the SharePoint 2010 Management Shell.
- Run the following script:$path = $Env:ProgramFiles + "\Microsoft Sql Server\100\Shared\"Get-SPSolution powerpivotfarm.wsp | Update-SPSolution –LiteralPath $path"powerpivotfarm.wsp" –GACDeployment:$true –Confirm:$false –Force:$trueGet-SPSolution powerpivotwebapp.wsp | Update-SPSolution –LiteralPath $path"powerpivotwebapp.wsp" –GACDeployment:$true –Confirm:$false –Force:$true
Article ID: 2619924 - Last Review: 11/17/2011 05:03:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2619924