"Setup Is Unable to Find _setup.dll" Error Message When You Install the Pocket PC Expansion Pack
This article was previously published under Q262244
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to download and install a program or game from the Microsoft Pocket PC Expansion Pack CD-ROM, the default setting of Save this program to disk
generates the following error message:
Setup is unable to find _setup.dll which is needed to complete the installation. Error 103.
This issue can occur because the installation program is configured to run from the CD-ROM.
To resolve this issue, use either of the following two workarounds:
- Insert the Pocket PC Expansion Pack CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then wait for Autorun to start the setup program.
- After the introduction is complete, click Downloads, and then choose a download option.
- Select any of the content, utilities, or games that are listed.
- When you are prompted to run Setup, click Run this program from it's current location.
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Click your CD-ROM drive, and then open the folder that contains the program or game you want to install.
- Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
Article ID: 262244 - Last Review: 06/17/2000 13:01:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Windows Pocket PC with Windows CE 3.0
- kberrmsg kbprb kbsetup KB262244