OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express by Using the Internet Connection Wizard
This article was previously published under Q262512
For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
This article describes how to use the Internet Connection Wizard to configure Outlook Express to send and receive mail.
To configure Outlook Express by using the Internet Connection Wizard:
- To start the Internet Connection Wizard, double-click Connect to the Internet on your desktop.
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click Internet Options, and then click Setup on the Connections tab.
- Click the method that you use to connect to the Internet, and then click Next.
- If you click the I connect through a phone line and a modem option, you are prompted to provide the phone number to your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your account name and password, and a name for the Dial-Up Networking connection that you just created. When you are prompted to set up an Internet mail account, click Yes, and then click Next.
- If you click the I connect through a local area network (LAN) option, you are prompted to provide proxy server settings. If you connect from home, you probably do not need to configure these settings. Click Automatic discovery of proxy server, and then click Next. If you connect to the Internet by using a corporate LAN, contact your network administrator for the correct settings, configure the proxy settings, and then click Next. When you are prompted to set up an Internet mail account, click Yes, and then click Next.
- Type your name, and then click Next.
- Type your e-mail address, and then click Next.
- Click the type of e-mail server that you are connecting to, type the name of the incoming and outgoing mail servers, and then click Next.
- Type your e-mail account name and password, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Article ID: 262512 - Last Review: 05/07/2007 21:17:00 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5, Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5, Microsoft Outlook Express 5.01 Service Pack 2
- kbhowto KB262512