A Visual Basic 6 application cannot receive events from a frame in a different domain
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Microsoft Visual Basic 6 (VB6) application.
- The VB6 application hosts a WebBrowser control.
- The VB6 application loads a webpage that contains a frame.
- The frame hosts a page from a different domain.
- You run the VB6 application on computer on which Windows Internet Explorer 9 is installed.
In this scenario, the VB6 application cannot receive events from the frame that hosts the page from a different domain. For example, the VB6 application cannot receive Click or MouseOver events.
To resolve this problem, install this update.
Security update information
To resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2618444.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS11-099: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: December 13, 2011
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2629739 - Last Review: 12/15/2011 00:42:00 - Revision: 1.0
Windows Internet Explorer 9
- kbqfe kbfix kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2629739