Outlook for Mac cannot import an ANSI .pst file
Outlook 2016 for Mac:
Outlook for Mac 2011:
- Open Outlook 2010, and click File, Open, Open Outlook Data File.
- Browse to and select the ANSI .pst file.
- Select the ANSI .pst file root in the Navigation Pane.
- Click File, click Options, and then select Advanced.
- Click Export, and then select Export to a file and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and click Next.
- Make sure the root of the ANSI .pst file is selected, and that Include subfolders is enabled, and then click Next.
- Click Browse to choose a location for the new .pst file to be created, and enter a file name for it, and click OK.
- Click Finish, enter a password for the PST if you prefer (optional), and click OK.
- This creates a Unicode PST file in the location that you specified, that you can later import into Outlook for Mac successfully.
- Open Outlook for Mac, and import the .pst file. For more information about how to import .pst files, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2632329 - Last Review: 08/10/2015 06:25:00 - Revision: 8.0
- kbsurveynew KB2632329