The Number of Items in Retry Table counter displays an incorrect value that causes SCOM alerts in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 organization
ObjectName: MSExchange Search Indices
CounterName: Number of Items in Retry table
Note This issue typically occurs after you move mailboxes in the organization.
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v14\ExSearch
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Type NumberOfRetryItemsTimeoutInMinutes, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click NumberOfRetryItemsTimeoutInMinutes, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type CustomValue, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Note By default, the time-out value is set to 5 minutes.
Article ID: 2633044 - Last Review: 02/13/2012 19:19:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2633044