How To Create a Visual Basic Installer Package with Visual Studio Installer
This article was previously published under Q263739
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article explains how you can use Visual Studio Installer to create a Microsoft Visual Basic installation package.
Steps to Create a Visual Basic Installation Package
- Start Visual Studio Installer (VSI).
- In the left side of the New Project dialog box, expand the Visual Studio folder, and then select the Visual Studio Installer Projects folder.
- On the right side of the dialog box, select Visual Basic Installer.
- Specify the name and location of your Microsoft Windows Installer (.msi) package in the Name and Location edit boxes, and then click Open.
- Browse to the location of your .vbp file.
- Select Create Installer as the setup type.
- Click Finish.
- Make custom changes, such as adding additional files or adding shortcuts to the project.
- To build the project, from the Build menu, choose Build.
For additional information about adding and registering COM Objects, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How To Add and Associate COM Objects for Visual Basic Clients in Visual Studio Installer
For additional information about adding files to a VSI project, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How To Add files to Visual Studio Installer Projects
For additional information about downloading the Visual Studio Installer, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Visual Studio Installer Web Location
: If you would like to include the Windows Installer redistributable file with your package, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
How To Install Windows Installer with Visual Studio Installer Packages
: If your application requires the installation of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC), click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
FILE: Encapsulate DCOM and MDAC Installations with Windows Installer
VB VSI MSI VBP Shortcut
Article ID: 263739 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 20:25:00 - Revision: 3.4
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbappsetup kbhowto KB263739