"Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" error message when you remove items from a fixed list in the Custom Properties Editor in Visio 2000 Standard Edition
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Visio 2000 Standard Edition, when you remove items from a fixed list in the Custom Properties Editor, you may receive the following error message:
Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Visio 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1).
To obtain SR-1, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Overview of the Visio 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Update
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Visio 2000 SR-1.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- On the Tools menu, point to Macros, and then click Custom Properties Editor to start the Custom Properties Editor.
- Choose any option and then click Next until you see a dialog box that prompts you to "Select the master shapes you want to edit."
- Select any shape, and then click Next.
- Click Add.
- Click the Format tab, and then set the type to Fixed List.
- Click Add (still on the Format tab), and then type the name of an item that you want to appear in a fixed list.
- Repeat step 6 two more times.
- Click Remove to delete the options in the fixed list.
Note that you receive the error message mentioned in the "Symptoms" section of this article.
prb SR1 run time error 5 invalid procedure call or argument
Article ID: 264274 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 07:57:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbtshoot kberrmsg KB264274