Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.6 Update
Update DetailsThis update improves security. This update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory by using malicious code. For more information, see the security bulletin that is listed earlier in this document.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.6 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Additionally, the Microsoft Office 2004 11.6.5 Update must be installed on the computer before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.6 Update. To verify that the Microsoft Office 2004 11.6.5 Update is installed, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, and then open the Office folder.
- Click the Microsoft Component Plugin file.
- On the File menu, click Get Info.
- Click General. The version information is displayed.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.6 Update package now.
Release Date: December 13, 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- The Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.6 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date. To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft website:
Updated filesThis update adds or changes the Office application files that are shown in the following list. After you install the update, you can compare the version numbers of these files to verify that they were installed or updated. To see the version number of a file, select it in the Finder, and then on the File menu, click Get Info. Additionally, you can find the full installation path for each updated file. To do this, review the updater log file in the Updater Logs subfolder in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder on your computer.
|Microsoft Component Plugin||11.6.6|
Article ID: 2644358 - Last Review: 12/13/2011 18:49:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability kbbug kbsurveynew KB2644358