XL: Linked Charts Lose Custom Colors When You Update Source Data
This article was previously published under Q264517
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Linked charts that use custom colors revert to the default colors, when you update the chart data in Microsoft Excel.
Excel 2000To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Office 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
276367 OFF2000: How to Obtain the Latest Office 2000 Service Pack
This problem occurs when you do the following:
- You create an embedded chart in Excel.
- You change the default colors for the chart.
- You paste the chart into another program, such as Microsoft Word, by using the Paste Link feature.
- You save and close the document in the other program.
- You change the original chart data in Excel, and then save and close the workbook.
- You reopen the document in the other program, and then update the links.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 2.
Article ID: 264517 - Last Review: 10/20/2013 21:26:15 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kboffice2000presp2fix kboffice2000sp2fix kbqfe KB264517