MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND error when a MAPI application calls the GetProps method in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You enable the Exchange store tracing feature for the tagMtgMessageChange or tagCalendarChange tags on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 mailbox server.
- You access a mailbox by using a MAPI application.
- The application sets properties on a message by using the SetProps method, and then it calls the SaveChanges method to commit the change.
- The MAPI application calls the GetProps method to obtain a sender’s properties. For example, the application calls the PR_SENDER_ENTRYID property.
In this scenario, the MAPI application cannot obtain the property. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs because the GetProps method accesses an invalid object that is not initialized correctly when the Exchange store tracing feature is enabled.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to troubleshoot calendar issues, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to troubleshoot calendar issues in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
For more information about the GetProps
method, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2645789 - Last Review: 04/19/2012 09:02:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
- kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbfix kbqfe KB2645789