A user does not receive an invitation when added to a distribution list that is a member of a chat room in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat
Consider the following scenario:
- You enable user A and user B for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
- User A is not added to any Group Chat room. User B is added to a Group Chat room.
- You add a distribution list (DL) as a member to an Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat room. You enable this chat room to send invitations to new members.
- You add both user A and user B to the DL.
- Both user A and user B sign in to Group Chat.
In this scenario, user B receives the invitation but user A does not.
This issue occurs because of an automatic directory synchronization issue. The DL is not assigned a prinID. Therefore, the server does not detect the users in the DL and does not send the invitation.
Note The term DL can refer to a distribution list, security group, organizational unit and so on.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server: January, 2012
Article ID: 2647096 - Last Review: 01/19/2012 23:22:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2647096