How to Enable and Disable System Restore
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article explains how to enable and disable the System Restore feature in Windows Millennium Edition (Me).
CAUTION: Disabling System Restore removes all previous restore points. To continue to use System Restore to restore your computer to a previous point, do not disable System Restore.
The System Restore feature is enabled by default. To disable System Restore:
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- On the Performance tab, click File System, or press ALT+F.
- On the Troubleshooting tab, click to select the Disable System Restore check box.
- Click OK twice, and then click Yes when you are prompted to restart the computer.
- To re-enable System Restore, follow steps 1-3, but in step 3, click to clear the Disable System Restore check box.
Article ID: 264887 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 08:01:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfaq kbhowto KB264887