Microsoft Outlook for Mac compatibility with Apple iCloud
This article contains information about the compatibility of Microsoft Outlook for Mac and Apple iCloud.
Outlook for Mac does not support Apple iCloud calendar (CalDAV) and contact (CardDAV) synchronization.
Outlook for Mac does support iCloud Mail. For steps on how to configure your iCloud email account in Outlook for Mac, go to the "More Information" section of this article.
To configure your Apple iCloud email account in Microsoft Outlook for Mac, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook for Mac.
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- Click the plus (+) sign in the lower-left corner, and then select Other E-mail.
- Enter your E-mail Address and Password, and then click Add Account.
Note: The new account will appear in the left navigation pane of the Accounts dialog box. The Server Information may be automatically entered. If not, follow the remaining steps to enter this information manually.
- Enter one of the following in the Incoming server box:
- imap.mail.me.com (for me.com email addresses)
- mail.mac.com (for mac.com email addresses)
- imap.mail.me.com (for icloud.com email addresses)
- Click to select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Incoming server box.
- Enter one of the following in the Outgoing server box:
- smtp.mail.me.com (for me.com email addresses)
- smtp.mac.com (for mac.com email addresses)
- smtp.mail.me.com (for icloud.com email addresses)
- Click to select Use SSL to connect (recommended) under the Outgoing server box.
- Click to select Override default port under the Outgoing server box, and then enter 587 in the Outgoing server port text box.
Note: You can click Advanced to enter additional settings, such as leaving a copy of each message on the server.
outlook mac apple icloud calendar contacts email messages
Article ID: 2648915 - Last Review: 11/23/2015 06:37:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011, Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac