WD2000: Word 95 Document Is Changed to "Word Document" When Opened in Word 2000
This article was previously published under Q265009
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
NOTE: The information in this article applies to the Japanese version%3 of Word 2000.
When you open a Word 95 document in Word 2000, the file type is changed to "Word Document" from "Word 6.0/95 Document".
This problem caused by a malfunction of the save process in Word 2000.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Office 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
OFF2000: How to Obtain the Latest Office 2000 Service Pack
To work around this problem, do one of the following:
- Open the document in Word 2000 and intentionally save the file as Word 95/6.0.
- Save the document as Rich Text Format (RTF).
- Use the Word 97-2000 import converter.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 2.
Article ID: 265009 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:33:05 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Word 2000 Service Pack 1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kboffice2000presp2fix kboffice2000sp2fix kbqfe KB265009