The Routing and Remote Access service incorrectly logs client termination as an Admin Reset
This article was previously published under Q265248
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When a client computer tries to terminate a connection to the server, the Routing and Remote Access service (RRAS) may log the event as an "Admin Reset" rather than a "User Request."
This problem occurs in the following situation:
- The client computers dial into a Windows 2000-based Routing and Remote Access service
- The Routing and Remote Access service is set to log the maximum amount of information in Event Logging
- The server is configured to send Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) accounting information to a RADIUS server.
When the RADIUS accounting log is parsed, the connection termination may be recorded incorrectly.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
How to Obtain the Latest Windows 2000 Service Pack
The English-language version of this fix should have the following file attributes or later:
Date Time Version Size File name ---------------------------------------------- 3/6/2000 7:35pm Intel 310,272 Rasppp.dll
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000 Service Pack 2.
For more information about interpreting IAS-formatted log files, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the IAS Parse tool, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For additional information about how to install Windows 2000 and Windows 2000 hotfixes at the same time, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Installing Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows 2000 Hotfixes
Article ID: 265248 - Last Review: 10/20/2013 21:54:38 - Revision: 2.4
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB265248