SharePoint 2010: IIS application pool settings can cause site not to load
“HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.”
You may also see this event in the Application Event log:
Log Name: Application
Event ID: 2282
Task Category: None
The Module DLL 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\isapi\owssvr.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a x86 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number. To learn more about this issue, including how to troubleshooting this kind of processor architecture mismatch error, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=29349.
1. Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr, and click OK.
2. Click on Application Pools, then click on the application pool you wish to change.
3. Click on Advanced Settings in the Actions pane.
4. Change "Enable 32-Bit Applications" setting under the General section to "False."
5. Click OK. This will trigger and Application Pool restart.
Article ID: 2652877 - Last Review: 12/21/2011 14:07:00 - Revision: 5.0