FIX: Time out occurs when Team Foundation builds are waiting for build agent reservations in Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a build controller and multiple build agents for your team project on the build computer that has Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 installed.
- You have a build definition that is created from a customized build process template that runs each build on a separate build agent in parallel.
- You run the build definition in Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010.
In this scenario, some builds time out and wait for build agent reservations even through there are still available build agents.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
FIX: An update rollup is available for Team Foundation Server 2010
Article ID: 2655761 - Last Review: 08/28/2012 03:02:00 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010
- kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2655761