OL2000: How To Display Only the Distribution List Name in the "To" Box
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This articles describes how to display only the name of your distribution list in the To box of an e-mail message instead of all the names that the distribution list contains.
To display only the name of your distribution list in the To
box of an e-mail message, create a Contact item for your distribution list:
- In the Folder List pane, double-click Contacts.
If you do not see the Folder List pane, click Folder List on the View menu.
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Contact.
- Type a name for your distribution list in the Full Name box, press the TAB key to have it entered in the File As field, and then click OK.
- Type your e-mail address in the E-mail box, and then press the TAB key.
NOTE: You cannot use an e-mail address that is contained in an Exchange Server Global address book for these steps to work.
- Double-click the e-mail address that you entered in step 3 to open the E-mail Properties dialog box.
- Replace your e-mail address in the Display Name box with the name of your distribution list, click OK, and then click Save and Close.
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Mail Message.
- Click To, and then click the Contact item that you just created.
- Click Bcc, and then type the name of your distribution list from your Personal Address Book.
If you do not see the Bcc box, click Bcc on the View menu.
Article ID: 266339 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 16:51:35 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB266339