PRB: Toolbox or Menu Items Are Missing in the Visual Basic IDE
This article was previously published under Q266747
When you open a Visual Basic Project, either you are not able to see the toolbox or several items are missing from the menu options.
One possible cause of this problem is a Registry corruption.
To reset the options to their default settings, follow these steps:
- Right-click the main menu bar and select Customize. The Customize dialog box opens.
- Select the Toolbars tab and click the Reset button.
- Keep the Customize dialog box open, right-click every menu option you want to reset on the main menu bar (such as File, Edit, and so forth), and then select the Reset option.
- Close the Customize dialog box.
gray grey greyed-out unavailable
Article ID: 266747 - Last Review: 01/14/2004 19:15:00 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- kbmenu kbide kbprb KB266747