PRB: Toolbox or Menu Items Are Missing in the Visual Basic IDE
This article was previously published under Q266747
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you open a Visual Basic Project, either you are not able to see the toolbox or several items are missing from the menu options.
One possible cause of this problem is a Registry corruption.
To reset the options to their default settings, follow these steps:
- Right-click the main menu bar and select Customize. The Customize dialog box opens.
- Select the Toolbars tab and click the Reset button.
- Keep the Customize dialog box open, right-click every menu option you want to reset on the main menu bar (such as File, Edit, and so forth), and then select the Reset option.
- Close the Customize dialog box.
gray grey greyed-out unavailable
Article ID: 266747 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 20:51:19 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmenu kbide kbprb KB266747