Mouse Pointer Behaves Erratically If Mouse Pointer Speed Is Set Above Level Five
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you set the mouse pointer speed setting above level five and you move the mouse rapidly, the mouse pointer may behave erratically.
To work around this issue, set the mouse pointer settings to a lower level:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Mouse icon.
- In the Mouse Properties dialog box, click the Pointer Options tab.
- Move the Adjust how fast your pointer moves slider to the left until it is set at level five or lower.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 267139 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 08:14:00 - Revision: 2.0