How to diagnose Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 printing problems
The "Printing - Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2" troubleshooter collects information to help troubleshoot Windows printing issues. This troubleshooter is integrated with the Microsoft Fix it Center Pro service. This troubleshooter can perform automated diagnostic analysis to identify solutions to known problems.
To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open the link to the Microsoft Fix it Center Pro portal.
- If you are prompted, sign in by using your Windows Live ID.
- In the Analysis packages list, click Printing - Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Enter a descriptive name for the Analysis Session, and then click Save.
Note You will use the name that you enter to view the analysis results later.
- Follow the instructions to download and run the analysis package.
- To view the analysis results, open the Fix it Center Pro - Analysis webpage.
- Click the Analysis Session name that you created in step 4 to view possible solutions.
For more information about Fix it Center Pro, please see:
For more information about this troubleshooter and what it scans, please see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Article ID: 2671787 - Last Review: 02/24/2012 21:02:00 - Revision: 6.0
Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Enterprise E, Windows 7 Enterprise N, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Professional E, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
- kbsurveynew KB2671787