Collect memory dump files in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2
The Machine Memory Dump Collector in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2 is a troubleshooter that is designed to collect information to help troubleshoot issues that generate Windows memory dump files. This troubleshooter is integrated with the Microsoft Fix it Center Pro service. This service can perform automated diagnostic analysis to identify solutions.
To run this troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Visit the Microsoft Fix it Center Pro portal.
- If you are prompted, sign in by using your Windows Live ID.
- In the Analysis packages list, click Machine Memory Dump Collector - Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- In the Create Analysis Session window, type a descriptive name for the session, and then click Save.
Note You will use the name that you enter to view the analysis results later.
- Follow the instructions to download and run the analysis package.
- To view the analysis results, open the Fix it Center Pro - Analysis webpage.
- Click the Analysis Session name that you created in step 4 to view possible solutions.
For more information about Fix it Center Pro, please see:
Article ID: 2671794 - Last Review: 02/25/2012 00:27:00 - Revision: 5.0
Windows 7 Enterprise N, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Enterprise E, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard without Hyper-V
- kbsurveynew KB2671794