How to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to create a Startup disk in Windows Millennium Edition (Me).
To create a Startup disk:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs Properties dialog box, click the Startup Disk tab.
- Click Create Disk to create the Startup disk.
NOTE: In some circumstances, you may be prompted to insert the Windows Me CD-ROM when you click Create Disk. This can occur if the installation files that are required to create the Startup disk are not on the hard disk.
- When you are prompted, insert a formatted floppy disk into the floppy disk drive, and then click OK to confirm that the contents of the floppy disk will be overwritten.
- When the Startup disk creation procedure is finished, remove the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive.
ebd emergency boot disk
Article ID: 267287 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 08:15:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfaq kbhowto KB267287