The display name of a contact in address book is empty in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You use Microsoft Outlook in online mode in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You create a contact in a public folder or in a mailbox.
- You type a name in the Company field but leave the Full Name field empty.
- You open the address book and then select the Contacts folder.
In this scenario, the display name of the contact is empty. However, you expect the display name of the contact to be the company name.
This issue occurs because the displayed format for contacts in the address book does not include the company name.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to create a contact in Outlook, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2678414 - Last Review: 04/16/2012 17:31:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2678414