The System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager console crashes after enabling Operations Manager integration
After enabling System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) integration in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager, the console may crash.
This can occur if there is a comma (,) in the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the SCOM server.
a. If you are able to open the console perform the below steps to resolve this issue:
1. Correct name by using a period (.) to delineate the FQDN instead of a comma
2. Remove SCOM integration
3. Run the SCOM integration wizard again
At this point the integration should complete successfully.
b. If the console crashes in a continous loop perform the below steps:
1. Close the console or cancel the attempts to connection.
2. Make sure that the System Center vitual Machine manager service is running
3. Open the Virtual Machine manager command shell
4. Type Remove-scOpsMgrConnection -force
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2679723 - Last Review: 04/05/2012 10:52:00 - Revision: 5.0