AddOrganizerToSubject parameter does not take effect when a recurring meeting conflicts with another meeting in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a room mailbox in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You configure the following settings on the room mailbox:
- You set the AutomateProcessing parameter to AutoAccept to enable the Resource Booking Attendant.
- You set the AddOrganizerToSubject parameter to $true so that the name of a user who organizes a meeting is added to the subject line in a meeting request.
- You set the AllowConflicts parameter to $true to allow conflicting meeting requests.
- A user who has Full Access permissions to the room mailbox sends a recurring meeting request to the room mailbox.
- The recurring meeting conflicts with a nonrecurring meeting.
This issue occurs because the recurring meeting causes a conflict exception that prevents the name of the organizer from being added to the subject line.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2685289 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the Set-MailboxCalendarSettings cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2682408 - Last Review: 05/30/2012 12:08:00 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2682408